Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Love This!



I loved this card a friend sent me, so I wanted to share. She also sent tons of food including chocolate chocolate chip cookies. I couldn't stop eating them. Luckily they were very small, so I'm sure they were low calorie. And I would just eat one at a time. I've found this technique works very well with all of the desserts we get. I did this with the chocolate bundt cake that had chocolate chips and some kind of chocolate filling in it. I would never have a whole slice, but would just cut off a bite here and there. I'm a firm believer in eating small amounts frequently!

Things are going pretty well this week. Although I've still have quite a bit of discomfort from both the joint pain and tingly hands, luckily it is very manageable. Lulu and I have even been walking a few days. The walks are way slower than we are used to, but I figure at this point it is just good to get back in the habit of going. And even just this little exercise feels so good!

Speaking of good, I noticed there is now green grass mixed in with the brown this morning. We have had such a yucky winter which is why spring is going to be marvelous. And then summer! We finally have our summer vacation planned and booked. We're going to Madeline Island, WI which is in the Apostle Islands in Lake Superior. We've rented a house on the island for a week. Although it won't be quite the same as camping, we're in the woods and no TV. Our deck looks out over the lake. Jim and the kids will try kayaking around the islands and there will be lots of biking and hiking. I can't wait!

Monique

2 comments:

  1. If you wash those little bites down with a sip of Diet Coke; the calories cancel each other!! I'm so glad that you are on the downhill slide. WOOHOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. here is a little trick to try after a radiation treatment. I stumbled upon this and thought you might want to try it:

    told by a man with cancer:
    "After my first radiation treatment, I was laying in bed that night. The children were finally all asleep. Carol and I could, at last, talk about the day events. We talked about several things, always dancing around how the radiation treatment had gone.

    Finally, Carol asked how I was feeling. I told her pretty good, but my skin was a little tender. Carol offered to take a look, pulled the covers back and gasped -- there was a strange green glow coming out from under the blankets.

    I had taken a "Glow-stick" and hidden it under the covers....Great trick for anyone getting radiation . . . just make sure your spouse has a good sense of humor."

    Good Luck and let us know if you pull it off :)

    ReplyDelete